Overview of tasks
- Manage and perform accounting & finance activities;
- Perform financial planning, budgeting and reporting;
- Manage all financial areas of projects;
- Provide support in HR management;
- Provide support in ICT and facility management;
- Maintain contacts with the auditor, the external accountant, banks, the payroll office, the insurance company, the ICT providers, the landlord, European Commission & EFTA
Skills and competences
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or similar degree;
- Thorough knowledge of Belgian legislation in the field of accounting and HR;
- Knowledge of and preferably experience with EU / EFTA funding and financing rules;
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills;
- Preferably 5 years of relevant working experience as (internal) accountant or similar;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word and Excel) and good IT skills;
- Process-orientation with attention to detail and respect for timelines and deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Organised, proactive, service-oriented and polyvalent;
- Motivated to drive continuous improvement based on sound analysis;
- Structured way of working, able to develop and implement procedures to increase efficiency,
- Experience with working in an international environment;
- Good knowledge of English, French and Dutch.
SMEunited offers a competitive salary package consisting of a monthly salary and several additional in-kind benefits. Attractive holiday scheme.
Flexibility and balance between work and private life are equally important.
How to apply: send a detailed CV and cover letter by e-mail to c.vanvaerenbergh [at] smeunited.eu – referral “SBS / SMEunited Operations Manager” .
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be returned. The successful candidate will be required to start working as soon as possible.