Article 12 of Regulation (EU) No 1025/2012 on European standardisation requires the Commission to establish a Notification System for all stakeholders in order to ensure proper consultation and market relevance prior to certain policy actions related to European standardisation.
The System will deliver information as foreseen by the Regulation to notify stakeholders in five categories of policy actions related to European standardisation (Article 12) and to publish information on Commission Implementing Decisions after Formal Objections to harmonised standards (Article 11(2)). The Notification system also provides access to the work programmes of standardisation bodies notified to the Commission according to Article 3(4).
Please find below all relevant information concerning our current and past consultations related to the standardisation requests (commonly named Draft mandates).
Standardisation Requests 2015:
- Standardisation Request in support of the Action Plan on Urban Mobility COM(2009) 490
Standardisation Requests 2014:
- Annual Union Work programme on European standardisation
- Consumer laser products
- Horizontal standards for services
- Material efficiency of ecodesign
- Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge 5
- Fire protective products
- Children's seats
- Directive on deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure
- Harmonised standards for Machinery used in the drilling and well intervention operations in the offshore oil and gas industry
All documents related to EU draft mandates may be found on the European Commission Website, in the Notification System Page.